Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rusting chipboard

I was inspired by the fabulous Audrey Hernandez (check her stuff out at Small Creations - the link is to the right under eye candy) to try rusting some chipboard. Of course, I don't have a rusting kit like she did. I did have some terra cotta glimmer mist and espresso adirondack color wash so my experiment began.



This is the chipboard sprayed with just the terra cotta glimmer mist. Pretty but a little too sparkly to look rusty.



I smudged some vintage photo distress ink which did help calm down the glimmer a bit.




Here is the chipboard with the espresso adirondack color wash. It was VERY dark. I added some glitter spray to it. I think my results are that I can call this altered chipboard but it really doesn't look rusty.

Here are a couple of cards I made with the finished product.



I love this skeleton stamp I got from After Midnight. I'm not crazy about the circles and the balance of this card but sometimes, you just have to say its good enough and walk away. It can make you crazy trying to figure out what it needs? if it really needs more or maybe I should take away an element? I guess that's what they call the creative process. Ack this one is horribly fuzzy too. I need to work on my photography skills. The quote on the circle says "can we hold eternity". That was the inspiration for adding the clocks.




I'm not sure if this picture came out clear enough to share but it's here anyway. This one is using another stamp from After Midnight, the mermaid. She's a sexy pinup mermaid. Well I am back to creating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your experiments with the chipboard look great. I love how you incorporated the pieces in your card. The card with the skeleton is fabulous...love that image.

Amy H. said...

Thanks Audrey. I love that skeleton too. He is from After Midnight and one of my new faves.