Friday, August 8, 2008

Grapevine Stamp Show



I did make it to the Grapevine Stamp Show. I think this is the first time that my friend Alisha and I made it there without getting lost. One time we ended up in Midlothian. I think that was the same trip that I was heading into Dallas and was like - OH NO! I am turning around. I can handle driving in Fort Worth but Dallas is just too big city for me.

I did get to meet one of my flickr friends, goodygoodygumdrops. She recognized me because I told her I was going to be making a crown. I didn't make a new crown but I had some from before that I dug out. Not as fabulous as I wanted it to be but still good. We got our picture taken in the parking lot and were going to be the stars of someone's blog so I felt special. It was kind of funny when it's "are you locamama" "yep" "I'm goodygoodygumdrops" Too funny.

I also got to see Elisa, a stamper that I met previously at Imprints. I HAVE to mail her a card. I have the best intentions in the world but my follow through needs improvement. I did some shopping though no where near what some were doing. I got an adorable princess stamp from Lost Coast. From Stamp Camp, I got some calaveras, a woman and a quote. I won a $10 gift certificate from Stampland Chicago - woo hoo. I got a globe, quote, shoe and chrysanthemum (sp?) from them. From after midnight I got some mounting supplies, a mermaid, a compass, a fabulous skeleton that I adore and some ultra thick glaze. I think that was it for my purchases. There were some fabulous purses that you could put your own artwork in but I didn't have the moola for them this time. Maybe they'll be back. I missed Invoke Arts and wish Stampers Anonymous would come back.

Now I have to put all of these fabulous stamps to use.

No comments: